Age Group: Primary School (Elementary School)
Subject: Primary (Homeroom)
Location: Shijiazhuang, Hebei
Start Date: August, 2020
Job ID: EN-HB-313
General Purpose: A Primary early year’s specialist teacher is required to join the Primary School in Shijiazhuang. This post has become available following the opening of the International School and the desire to provide teaching by foreign teachers within the primary school. Given the central role that English plays in developing the communication skills of our students this is a key appointment. You will be a highly effective and engaging classroom teacher whose focus is on the well-being and progress of your students. As this is a new appointment, it is essential that you are able to cooperate and work with Chinese staff to develop the curriculum, resources and evaluate student’s progress and provide feedback to ensure clear progress is being made. A previous post overseas and a qualification in / experience of teaching ESL are desirable, but not essential.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
1. A Primary Teacher’s main goals will be to link pupils' knowledge to their earlier learning to provide consistency in their education, and develop new ways to encourage, challenge and inspire pupils in order to deepen their knowledge and understanding.
2. To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the school's policies stated in the staff handbook, under the direction of the Principal.
3. To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, that they can teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and have students who achieve well.
4. To dress and act professionally at all times in the school, the campus and the community and be a role model for our Chinese students and St Bees staff.
5. The Primary Teacher will follow the curriculum and deliver lessons on a variety of subjects with a special focus on Literacy and Numeracy.
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through.
1. identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
2. setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
3. setting appropriate and demanding expectations.
4. setting clear targets, building on prior attainment.
5. be aware of and make provision for students who are ESL or very able or who have other particular individual needs.
6. providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
7. using a variety of teaching methods to: ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
8. ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of Chinese classroom teachers or support staff.
Pastoral Duties (if required):
be a Form Tutor to an assigned group of students. promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and of the Form Tutor Group as a whole with the Chinese tutor.
2. know subject(s) or specialism(s) to enable effective teaching.
3. take account of wider curriculum developments.
4. establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct.
5. endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations.
6. co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the school, department, and students.
7. contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school.
8. take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open Evenings, Parents Evenings, Review days and events with partner schools. Including website, social media or other areas of promotion.
9. take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices.
2. Accommodation allowance: RMB 3,000 / month
3. Airfare allowance: up to RMB 10,000 / year